Wednesday, March 7, 2012

International Family

I live with a pretty fantastic group of people here in Ireland. These are the people I laugh with, lean on, and learn from everyday. Despite being from different places around the world we've found so many common bonds with each other. We've only known each other for a short period of time but in that time we've created a family. 
Birthday celebrations! 


At the President's Reception 

Our first weekend in Dublin. 


Left: Morgan and Sarah who are both from Colorado. I'm so glad to still have them around when we go back home.
Right: Reetta from Finland. LOVE this girl so much! She makes every situation entertaining and fun. Plus, she has some of the best dance moves I've ever seen!

This is Agata from Lithuania. She one of the best accents I've ever heard! I love listening to her talk.

 Paige from Colorado! We're often referred to as 'The Paiges' or 'Paige Squared' by the group for obvious reasons. I love this girl as well and we pretty much do everything together. We make a pretty great team! 
SO happy to have her around as well when we go home. 

Another beautiful day of sunshine on our trip through the Wicklow Mountains! I feel the need to point out anytime there's sun since those days come so far and few between. 


Wiktoria from Lithuania and Bridie from Boston! 
Just like Agata, Wiktoria has an awesome accent and a very theatrical personality. It's so fun listening to her tell stories about her day.  
Bridie makes me laugh all the time! We constantly talk about our future plans to visit each other in the states. Bridie, along with Paige, will be my travel buddies throughout Easter vacation. 

This was taken our dinner with the President of the college. That was probably the one and only time that the entire group will be in same place at the same time. Please take note that in our group of 30 international students there are only 3 boys. Those poor guys...

I could go on about my international friends for days and will probably continue to talk about them individually in other posts. I feel so blessed to have met this group of people and have no doubt that even after we leave (the bitter subject no one talks about) we'll all remain in touch for a very long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment