Thursday, March 22, 2012

Weekend Adventures

I haven't been up on my posting lately but there are still so many exciting things happening that are worth sharing with you all...

A Visit from Tori
Two weekends ago was exceptionally exciting because Tori came to visit! Tori is my friend and roommate from UNC who is currently studying in Malaga, Spain. For around two years Tori and I have talked to each other non-stop about our study abroad plans. For so long our plans felt like distant dreams that were never actually going to arrive so it was pretty amazing when it all became a reality. Throughout the entire weekend we'd turn to each other occasionally and utter, "I still can't believe this is actually happening!" I loved getting to share my experiences, friends, and life in Dublin with someone from home. 
On Friday we took a bus tour of Dublin and went to the Leprechaun museum. 
After the tour we started out the evening with a big bag of chips from my favorite place in Dublin. 
best. chips. ever.  


On Saturday I took Tori to Howth which is still one of my favorite spot in Ireland. The weather wasn't as spectacular as my last trip out but we still had a great day walking the cliffs, going to the beach, and eating Nutella ice cream. The weekend went by far too quickly but I loved every minute of my weekend with Tori! 
Check out her adventures in Malaga here.

Sports I Don't Understand
On Sunday the study abroad gang and I headed down to Croke Park Stadium (about a 15 minute walk from campus) to watch both a Hurling and Gaelic Football match. These are the two most popular spectator sports in Ireland so we all felt it was necessary to experience a match for ourselves. 




At first watching the games was slightly comical because I had no idea what was going on. Both sports looked like a bizarre combination of soccer and american football with a splash of hockey and a dash of basketball. Not kidding. Though by the end of the matches I felt like I had a good base knowledge of the games. I definitely enjoyed the Gaelic Football match more but the whole day was good craic! (Irish slang for fun!)




No comments:

Post a Comment