Monday, February 13, 2012

Galway

Last weekend a few of us went on our first trip outside the city to Galway. The weather was extremely cold and rainy but we were all so excited to be traveling that it didn't really matter. We caught a bus early Friday and traveled for 3 hours to the opposite side of the country. After arriving in Galway we spent all day exploring the city and listened to live music at a couple of the pubs that evening. On Saturday we went on a bus tour to the Cliffs of Mohr.


Check out the Irish countryside! I'll admit that part of the reason we were all so excited to go to Galway was because it's the setting of the movie P.S I Love You. 
Though our dreams were later crushed when we found out that the movie wasn't actually filmed there. 

My first hotel stay! We all lucked out and found a nice hostel to stay at on the main street. When I saw my favorite travel quote written on the wall just outside our room I knew we destined to stay there. 
In our room there were these weird luggage cages under the beds. Naturally, I tried to fit inside...


                                                                           Success!

When we first arrived at the Cliffs this was all we could see. There was so much fog!! It was a pretty disappointing sight. After 10 minutes we retreated to the warmth of the gift shop then hauled ourselves back to the tour bus. Once we had all loaded back on the bus and were just about to leave our tour guide noticed that the fog was starting to clear. He gave everyone 15 more minutes to explore the area but urged us to run because the fog wouldn't stay away for long. I ran to the top of hill and in the same spot I had just stood there was a very different view...



       The view of the Cliffs was breathtaking. I'm so thankful that the fog cleared while we were still there!


Despite the rain and the cold we had a wonderful time in Galway!

Fun Fact: Scenes from Inception and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood were filmed at the Cliffs of Mohr.

1 comment:

  1. AHDFIOAFJIAO SO PRETTY OH MY GOSH
    Dying at you getting in that luggage cage. Remember last year when we wheeled you into the laundry room in that suitcase?
    Also, I am L O V I N G your glasses.

    ReplyDelete